Weekend shift! Hours available are either 7:00 am - noon or 3:00 pm - 10:00 pm with flexibility to assist other shifts as needed!
This is a rewarding and challenging position for those looking to work with significantly mentally ill adults.
Under supervision, performs work involving the recovery, support and advocacy for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* De-escalates crisis situations using non-restrictive techniques
* Provides support to individuals, advocates and assesses problems and establishes a recovery focused environment within the individual's home, group living or community.
* Establishes and maintains confidential files and records and may be responsible for tracking and reporting on various statistics and demographics.
* Identifies emergencies and responds appropriately
* Works as part of a community treatment team, including internal and external stakeholders
* In conjunction with the Supervisor, may develops curriculum and/or group activities that identify and address the needs represented
* May facilitate supports groups with an emphasis on recovery and strength based techniques
* Transports and escort clients to meetings, services, appointments and other activities
* Attends staff meetings and participates in training activities as required
* Participates in community advocacy for individuals with mental illness
* Assists with medication administration to ensure compliance with prescribed dosages and timeframes
* Supports individuals during social, educational, or recreational activities and may assist in the planning and operation of the activities.
* Promotes an independent lifestyle through skill and resource building and connecting individuals to supports in the community.
* Assists individuals in identifying and achieving goals
* Observes, documents and reports clients progress to staff, supervisors and social workers and follows the individualized service plan and/or safety plan.
* Maintains confidential client information and records
* Models appropriate and healthy boundaries
* Supports individuals in making decisions that promote and ensure their safety
* May administer basic first aid as needed and/or assist with other daily healthcare needs
* For group living, other house duties as assigned such as grocery shopping for the house and moderate house-keeping.
* Ability to work independently and problem solve efficiently.
* Must be flexible and adapt well to change.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is required for the position. Related experience or credits toward a bachelor's degree from an accredited college in social work, human services, psychology or similar major is required. One year of work experience in crisis or mental health preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 25-50%, depending on specific role.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
High School Diploma/ GED or better.
Associate Degree or better in Hum. Serv. or Related Field.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.